Costpoint Administrator - Enterprise Services
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Costpoint Administrator - Enterprise Services who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for a Costpoint administrator to support Costpoint 8.1 and associating materials/time and expense modules. We are looking for an individual who will lead and direct the work of assigned projects under direction of Enterprise Services including technical and functional resources through implementation, enhancement, and maintenance cycles. The role will utilize necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare and maintain documentation, including requirements, specifications, process flows and procedures and provide expertise and assistance to ensure all process are designed to meet DCAA, audit and security practices
· Ensure change control procedures and processes are followed in accordance with policies
· Work with Database and System Administrators along with other technical SMEs to monitor system performance and processing, troubleshoot performance issues, investigate critical system errors, capture traces, and analyze server logs
· Lead the evaluation, escalation and resolution of defects with the Costpoint and T&E vendor (Deltek)
· Evaluate scenarios, and work with user community to devise and execute various test plans including unit, system, regression, UAT and integration
· Configure and maintain Costpoint System Admin Module
· Act as functional SME for all Costpoint modules, such as: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, project setup, cost revenue, billing, employee, labor, payroll, compensation, personnel, cost pools, fixed assets, procurement, etc.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the front-end application screens, functions and job processing and how these ties to the database tables and other applications, functions and processes
· Maintain underlying Costpoint and Deltek T&E databases and concepts - ERD, working/temp tables, etc.
· Develop training material and deliver training in any of the major Costpoint modules
· Manage user setup, security, printing, file management, job management, and workflow for Deltek systems
· Provide support to Finance, Accounting and Business Intelligence Groups and IT
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
· Eight (8) or more years of progressively responsible financial analysis & reporting work, in addition to broad Enterprise Resource System (ERP) experience in a corporate office.
· Expertise in Costpoint (all modules), Time & Expense, and Cognos Reporting is required.
· SQL knowledge required.
· Must have advance Microsoft Excel skills.
· Experience with Cognos Reporting.
· Experience working on large scale projects desirable.
· Experience with process and workflow documentation required.
· Accounting knowledge required.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Advanced level knowledge of the principles involved in supporting functionality and design of Costpoint.
· Significant experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
· Ability to independently analyzes financial, budgetary, and forecasting data and identifies key variances, trends, and risks for management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment.
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
•Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
• Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.