OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic System Administrator who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Axiom IT System Administrator manages the design, installation and maintenance of the Axiom network and information systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This includes the development and implementation of an effective and constantly evolving enterprise cyber security system. We are seeking a motivated and effective leader who looks to the sky with excitement and curiosity about what lies beyond and desires to play a consequential role in making this next journey a reality.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems strategies, budgets, policies, procedures and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
- Serve as point of contact for IT architecture and solutions including solving IT issues
- Consults with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions
- Manages the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and management
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college a or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in IT industry
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time)
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.