OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Contracts Specialist who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Contract Specialist will perform a full range of procurement planning, negotiating, terms and condition reviews, and contract administration in support of Axiom programs. They will collaborate with a legal and procurement team or work independently to evaluate bids and draft documents. There may be multiple positions filled for this posting, at various levels, depending on candidate’s experience.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees the preparation and delivery of customer required data and reports in compliance with contractual requirements
• Manage internal team efforts seeking to improve acquisition and management of spaceflight hardware, technology, and information technology purchases
• Create and update relevant legal frameworks, including FAR and DFARS, with the ability to quickly learn any new frameworks as required
• Develop, implement, and own a contract management workflow that will exist across multiple internal teams and stakeholders
• Collaborate with teams across Axiom and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Business Development, Finance, Procurement, Legal, and other relevant teams
• Protect the company’s interest and ensure compliance with company policies, legal, and regulatory requirements
• Manages modifications and change orders in support of customer demands and all other aspects of day-to-day contract administration
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in law, business, finance, or a related field
• 5-10 years of experience and knowledge of contract management (for example management of all contract types, other transactions, and complex contracts and agreements ranging from $1M $100M+) may be considered in lieu of required education
• Background in Government contracts preferred with the ability to implement FAR, DFAR requirements as related to procurement (or willingness to learn)
• Experience managing various fixed-price contracts and cost reimbursement contracts, and management of FAR part 16 contracts preferred
• Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint and contract lifecycle management tools is a plus.
• Preference for contracts specialists with experience working with NASA, DOT (including FAA), DOC (including NOAA), DOD (including DCMA and DCAA)
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast pace work environment
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity
• Professional, confident, driven and dynamic
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
• Data protection fluency would be a strong advantage
• Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.