Document Management Specialist
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Document Management Specialist who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas with the Project Planning & Controls (PP&C) team. This position will develop, implement, and manage the project document management policies and procedures into the work environment.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and follow approved document control procedures, work processes and instructions developed for the project and program
- Develop and utilize the project document management system and document distribution matrix to capture, register, control, issue, transmit, retain, and archive project documents
- Develop the document management protocol and standards and ensure they are followed by the Project and Contractors/Consultants personnel
- Provide effective and efficient document control services
- Maintain quality and timely processing of project documentation
- Identify and coordinate the timing and support needed for document development and updates to support project and program needs
- Execute quality control on all incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence, with the attention to detail, to spot irregularities and non-compliance
- Prepare routine documents, logs, registers and reports using standard word processing, spreadsheets, or other department-specific computer applications (e.g. Confluence), to support work activities as needed
- Collect, clean, transform data for document management reporting and dashboard metrics, to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Develop and capture document control policies and procedures.
- Manage both client document control and Axiom records management requirements as per Records Retention and Turnover Plan.
- Provide technical guidance and support to project team members in the use of automated document management tools
- Provide Document Management and Document Management System guidance and training to Axiom, Customers and Contractors/Consultants.
- Evaluate and implement work process improvements in related areas of responsibilities
- Participate in quality assurance audits, internal technical reviews, client reviews, and external audits
- Be capable of performing clerical duties if required
- Perform other tasks as assigned by PP&C Manager
- Support and coordinate activities/processes associated with Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) for integrated support
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Communications or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 10 years of related document management experience
- Experience in document control and records management, including client interface, document control, records management and project close-out activities.
- Proven knowledge of information lifecycle and data flow requirements on in an engineering design/construction/consulting environment.
- Ability and experience communicating directly with stakeholders up to executive leadership to elicit requirements, request information and/or support, and follow-on actions.
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience developing and utilizing report capabilities utilizing automated data systems (i.e., MS Access, Sharepoint, Visio, Excel Pivot Tables or some other related system).
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet tight deadlines and quality objectives.
- Candidate must also have some experience with performing/tracking duties pertaining to schedules.
- Advanced proficiency using standard office automation tools, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word is preferred.
- Proven experience in work process mapping and development.
- Proven experience with using industry recognized enterprise document management systems.
- Proven knowledge of using MS Excel with data manipulation in the creation of reports, trackers and dashboards.
- Experience with managing large volume records collection including records management and turnover activities.
- Experience with creating documents in Confluence preferred
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal skill
• Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills
• Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.