Medical Department Coordinator
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Medical Department Coordinator who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Medical Department Coordinator is a highly motivated person that can work independently as well as collaboratively. They will provide comprehensive administrative and secretarial support for medical department, ensuring efficient operation of the office by maintaining a close and highly responsive relationship to the daily activities of the management and staff.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs or leads various duties requiring knowledge and understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office
• Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings, including individual and group calendars and resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise.
• Coordinate travel arrangements including liaising with outside agencies on air, hotel, ground transportation, visas and meal reservations, including detailing travel itineraries
• Documents and carries out recurring office procedures independently including but not limited to expenses, and social events
• Works collaboratively with other Axiom Administrative Assistants to develop office procedures and processes
• Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the office work according to management’s general instructions, priorities, policies, and program goals
• Demonstrates judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations which may include unwritten policies, precedents, and practices
• Initiates appropriate action to expedite task completion and informs management of pending matters or need for follow-up
• Receives and acts on specific instructions on new assignments and works closely with management to ensure the quality and accuracy of the work completed
• Type and proof correspondence including letters, memos, reports and meeting minutes
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Minimum Associate Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in any field with emphasis on work in an office environment
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Demonstrates high level of professionalism and respect for confidentiality
• Demonstrates agility, and willingness to adapt to work requirements in a challenging, fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skill
• Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills
• Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.