Program Finance and Risk Analyst
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Program Finance and Risk Analyst who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for a Program Finance and Risk Analyst to lead the development and day to day operation of the process for multi-year Planning Programming Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), the PPBE for the current fiscal year, and the Operating Plan’s Budget for the Axiom’s station program. This position is also responsible for tracking risk from identification through closure. We are looking for an individual who will lead and direct the tracking of our yearly budget, monthly variances, budget estimating through the delivery of the station program, as well as coordinate the capture, tracking, and reporting of station risks under direction of the Project Planning and Controls team. The role requires a strong technical background in program finance analyses for large programs, organizational time management, and adept communication skills.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the development of a comprehensive set of tools and processes to effectively track the yearly budget, monthly variances, and multi-year forecasting/estimation
• Responsible for financial and business analysis activities that includes forecasting, financial data analysis, and business process improvement
• Conducts analysis and takes necessary action to enhance processes for improving profitability to meet financial goals in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives
• Attends technical, financial, procurement, and performance assessment meetings to review progress against cost, schedule, and technical performance plans; discovers and interprets discrepancies, and makes comments to management
• The preparation of obligation and expenditure schedules, special studies, and reports, as well as all other aspects of budget creation and implementation, are all coordinated
• Responsible for the capture, tracking, and reporting of identified risk per Axiom’s established system
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar technical discipline
• 10-15 years of experience in Managing, Planning Programming Budgeting, and Execution for large programs
• Experience presenting budget, analysis, and forecasts to senior management
• Experience managing budgets on NASA contracts highly desirable
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Ability to effectively manage relationships with senior management and ability to build strong relationships with key department leaders and staff
• Understanding of consolidated financial reporting systems to input data and to generate both standard and custom reports appropriate for analyzing the business [Finance Competency: Financial Processes and Systems Effectiveness]
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data visualization tools
• The ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Ability to interpret and explain financial results to a non-financial audience
• Ability to answer daily formal and informal questions from a broad audience independently, accurately, and timely
• Proactively resolve and understand business data and reporting issues by communicating and interacting extensively with multiple subsystem managers within the station program
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.