OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Custodian/Janitor who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The custodian will perform janitorial duties to keep office buildings in clean and orderly condition. This position will be responsible for performing heavy cleaning duties, such as removing debris, cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walks and glass.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keep cafeteria and all break areas clean, sanitized and stocked with supplies
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
• Vacuum carpet, spot clean, shampoo and extract on an assigned basis
• Clean and dust furniture, blinds and other surfaces, and monitor and maintain interior plants
• Service, clean, disinfect restroom and restock soap and paper dispensers
• Clean interior windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
• Perform waste removal and proper disposal of waste and recycling materials
• Record supply inventory as directed and inform management when cleaning supplies are low
• Notify the manager of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
• Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of custodial cleaning experience required
• Must be bi-lingual
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• This position demands good physical and mental health. The custodian will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, climb ladders, bending, twisting climbing stairs and work a flexible schedule with varying work hours.
• Ability to be on your feet for most of the shift, repetitive and repeated hand and arm motions and the ability to lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds a must.
• Must possess the ability to see and hear at normal levels.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to read basic operating instructions
• Basic understanding of cleaning
• Knowledge of vacuum cleaners, cleaning supplies (chemicals) and other miscellaneous equipment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.