HVAC Technician – Class B License
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic HVAC Technician – Class B License who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an energetic and dynamic HVAC Technician who will primarily be responsible for aiding Axiom’s Facilities with coordinating logistics for our private and professional astronaut clients throughout their mission. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about customer service and excels at problem solving. The role requires strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
• Provide scheduled and emergency/unscheduled repairs
• Perform thorough assessments to quote for future work
• Install/repair items such as: HVAC systems, cabinets, partitions, shelves, drop ceilings, floors, doors, locks, faucets, water heaters, lighting, and related items
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
• Arrive with a presentable and professional appearance
• Operating and Maintaining Shop Equipment
• Operating heavy machinery, such as forklifts, overhead cranes, and manlifts is a plus
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Highschool Diploma/GED or trade school equivalent
• HVAC Class B License
• Minimum 5 Years of Experience
• Position requires a valid Texas drivers license and clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
• Must have a reliable smartphone and be proficient with the usage of various applications
• Must have reliable transportation to/from work
• Must be available to work demanding schedule including long hours, occasional overnight work, and rotating weekends on-call
• Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• This position demands good physical and mental health. The technician will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, climb ladders, bending, twisting climbing stairs and work a flexible schedule with varying work hours.
• Ability to be on your feet for most of the shift, repetitive and repeated hand and arm motions and the ability to lift and/or carry up to 70 pounds a must.
• Must possess the ability to see and hear at normal levels.
• Proven experience in a hands on/mechanical background
• Solid understanding of technical aspects of HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical issues
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, structural, plumbing, and electrical issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding organizational abilities
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility, maintenance, or construction
• Must be able to work independently, take ownership and responsibility for all work done with attention to detail
• Must be familiar with a wide variety of hand/power tools and be able to adapt to the use of new tools quickly
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.