OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Financial Analyst who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The financial analyst’s primary responsibility will be to support the Treasury & Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) teams in creating and maintaining financial models to inform and aid company leadership in determining corporate strategy and capital allocations. In additional to ad hoc models, the financial analyst will maintain the company’s corporate and department-specific models and assist in the annual budgeting process. The financial analyst will also perform monthly and ad hoc reporting procedures to give leadership and department heads accurate and timely insight into KPIs and financial performance against plan
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains the company’s corporate model through regular updates to the underlying assumptions and quarterly reconciliation to accounting actuals
• Assists the company's Treasury & FP&A teams in the development of the annual budget and other corporate financial procedures
• Supports Treasury & FP&A teams in analysis and timely reviews of organization's progress in its various activities
• Helps Treasury & FP&A teams to prepare reports required by government, customers and regulatory agencies
• Supports relations with banks and other financial institutions as directed by the company’s Treasury & FP&A teams
• Aides in preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification as requested
• Conducts studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action
• Analyzes cost saving opportunities and profitability improvement strategies
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or related field of study with exceptional writing and communication skills
• 2 to 4 years of experience in a quantitative and analytical role
• Experience in Excel, advanced formulas, shortcuts, pivot tables and reference tools such as vlookup and index/match
• Familiarity with Costpoint or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems preferred
• Experience in the aerospace/space industries or other frontier-tech companies preferred
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment.
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
•Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
• Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.