Inventory Control Specialist
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Inventory Control Specialist who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Inventory Control Specialist will maintain the organizations storing and tracking of inventory, while maintaining accurate records of all procurements. A successful Inventory Control Specialist must have outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control
• Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures for receipt, tracking and storage of inventory
• Manage audits of all inventory/assets within the company.
• Assure processes follow acceptable SOX compliance requirements
• Manage and verify physical inventories and cycle counts are completed as required
• Examine the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages
• Document daily deliveries and shipments to update inventory
• Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments
• Coordinate with Engineering on requirements, schedules and delays
• Work with Receiving to ensure inventory is stored in proper locations
• Ensure correct paperwork is used and inventory transfers are documented in the system
• Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems
• Order new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus
• Develops and controls inventory plans
• Optimizes inventory levels
• Manages inventory strategy and inventory planning activity to meet agreed service level and operational needs.
• Coordinate cleanliness and general organization of the storage facilities and make sure equipment and materials are stored in their proper location
• Additional job duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years inventory control experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• Experience in aerospace industry preferred
• Knowledge of FAR and DFAR preferred
• Costpoint experience a plus
• Preference given to candidates with demonstrated record of work at a start-up
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity
• Professional, confident, driven and dynamic
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.