Atlassian Project Engineer (Confluence/Jira)
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Atlassian Project Engineer (Confluence/Jira) who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an Atlassian Project Engineer (Confluence) with experience in support and maintenance of Axiom’s mission-critical corporate applications and will help ensure company productivity through the configuration of the Atlassian software tools. We are looking for an individual who will lead and direct the work of Atlassian Collaboration tools under direction of Enterprise Applications team including technical and functional resources through implementation, enhancement, and maintenance cycles. The role requires strong technical background, organizational time management, and adept communication skills.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Architect, implement, maintain, and standardize spaces of Atlassian applications (Confluence, Jira, Bit Bucket).
• Interface with stakeholders and users to understand problems, address issues, and refines strategy and architecture to meet Axiom’s needs.
• Support agile development and scrum collaboration using Jira and Confluence.
• Define permissions and workflows internally as well as those associated with external clients and troubleshoot issues that arise.
• Clearly outline needs and timelines with other IT personnel, system stakeholders, and management.
• Support and execute Atlassian tool initiatives, customization, template standardization, dashboards, reports, and plugin evaluation/support.
• Capture, train and maintain the best practices and guidelines to support the Axiom implementation of the Atlassian tools.
• Maintain instances of Atlassian tools including archiving of obsolete data, projects and spaces, updating roles and spaces for organizational changes
• Actively monitor and improve Atlassian environments to optimize reliability, scalability, integration, upgrade cycles, and system performance.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or similar technical discipline and 2-5 years of experience.
• 3+ years of experience administering Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Desk)
• 2+ years of professional experience with IT Operating systems, networking, and system administration
• 2+ years in a project manager type role preferred
• Deep knowledge of custom JIRA workflows, screens, fields, project schemes, and plugins in a complex Atlassian environment
• Excellent working experience integrating Atlassian products with a wide variety of third-party tools and plugins
• Knowledge of script runner is a plus.
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment.
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
•Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
• Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.