Senior Treasury Analyst
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Senior Treasury Analyst who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Senior Treasury Analyst will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Senior Treasury Analyst will report to the Treasurer and will assist with and support all treasury transaction activities, including but not limited to short and long-term cash flow forecasting and modeling, liquidity management, interest rate derivatives, capital markets support, debt compliance, operational treasury activities, and ad hoc projects as required.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain short and long-term cash, working capital, and debt forecasts and models
• Aggregating and consolidating prior day and current day bank balances, monitoring daily cash management activities, and creating the payments/wires required to set cash positions
• Responsible for supporting the completion and tracking of monthly and quarterly compliance certificates
• Play an active role in the administration of capital lease program, including execution of new transactions and management of existing portfolio
• Ensure and maintain compliance with all of Treasury’s key controls and respond to internal/external auditor request
• Provide transparent reporting to management on liquidity positions and projections
• Monitor, investigate and resolve exceptions (i.e. positive pay, returns, AP wires, deposit items); implement solutions to minimize or eliminate where possible
• Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• BA or BBA in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• 3 to 7 years of related work experience (Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting)
• Solid MS Suite application skills: Excel (i.e. macros, pivot tables, formulas), Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project. Others include Adobe/PDF, data mining/analytics/HFM,
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work
• Solid communication skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving
• Possess confidence, flexibility and is a team player
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal skill
• Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
• Excellent organizational skills
• Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.