Sr. Subcontract Administrator
OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Sr. Subcontract Administrator who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: The Sr. Subcontract Administrator will perform a full range or procurement and administrative activities associated with subcontracting work. Qualifies suppliers, issues requests for proposals, evaluates proposals, maintains subcontract files in accordance to established procedures.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for daily operation requirements and workflow of numerous government and commercial subcontracts
• Prepares the solicitation document for complex acquisitions to include statements of work, terms and conditions, flow-down terms and conditions, bid or performance evaluation factors, and other measures incorporated into the Requests for Proposal/ Request for Quote as may be appropriate for the procurement
• Schedule and perform job walks with customers and vendors
• Serves as the focal point when bids are received, reviews both the technical and cost proposals, and obtains input from the technical staff
• Review subcontract activities at pre-solicitation and award phase for risk and compliance assessment
• Negotiate price, contract specifications, delivery dates, incentives and other terms and conditions
• Prepare documentation summary and cost/price analysis
• Prepare source selection statements and other required file documentation
• Protect the company’s interest and ensure compliance with company policies, legal and regulatory requirements
• Review and administer subcontracts to ensure satisfactory progress and compliance with terms and conditions of the subcontract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance
• Help training Procurement staff on Subcontracting duties
• Work with the end user to collect feedback and identify areas requiring improvements or corrective action
• Recommend actions when subcontractor is not in compliance with subcontract clauses and provisions, or issue corrective action plan as required
• Manages modifications and change orders in support of customer demands and all other aspects of day-to-day subcontract administration
• Participate in bid and proposal activities to include but not limited to data calls, and cost proposals and pricing activities, including price negotiation, in conjunction with multiple departments
• Analyze and independently resolve or coordinate resolution of technical and administrative problems involving subcontracts
• Regular interaction with finance, accounting, business development and senior management
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; preferably in supply chain, business, finance or a related field with a minimum of 5 years experience in subcontract administration, or equivalent work experience
• Background in Government contracts preferred with the ability to implement FAR, DFAR requirements as related to procurement
• Experience managing various fixed-price contracts and cost-reimbursement contracts as described by FAR part 16
• Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint is a plus
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity
• Professional, confident, driven and dynamic
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.