Senior Integrated Performance and Analysis Engineer
Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it.
Summary: Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species? Summary: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas and will plan, support, execute, and oversee spacecraft subsystem operations, to include spacecraft commanding and station-keeping activities according to scheduled and dynamic operational requirements. Perform trending analysis, analyze spacecraft health data, prepare reports, and communicate status of spacecraft, projects, and operational activities to all levels of the organization while focusing on customer service.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform mission design, analysis and flight techniques development for all phase of module spacecraft flight, including orbital insertion/free flight, rendezvous & proximity operations, and entry.
• Perform same functions for integrated Space Station
• Conduct, oversee and direct simulation, analysis and modeling to identify and understand scenarios and impacts when subsequent spacecraft subsystem requirements and variables change.
• Evaluate spacecraft performance and troubleshoot operation of all spacecraft subsystems to optimize quality of service and extend spacecraft mission life.
• Manage analysis and optimization of the system architecture, integrated system performance, resource management, and Design & Verification Analysis Cycles.
• Support technical reviews, ground testing of new spacecraft, and in-orbit test and evaluation activities.
• Manage program risk matrix and communicate spacecraft status and risk posture to the program leadership team.
• Create, review, and maintain spacecraft operational procedures and activity schedules.
• Mentor less experienced engineers, providing insight on technical challenges as they arise.
• Support other Systems Engineering and Integration functions as needed.
• Consult with Subsystem POCs on design and analysis to produce integrated solutions..
• BS degree in Engineering or a related technical field, Masters preferred.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of spacecraft operations and/or aerospace systems engineering experience
• Effective in working in a start-up environment with the ability to lead, drive and implement tactical change.
• General or specialized knowledge in several of the following spacecraft subsystems: Attitude Control, Propulsion, Power, Data Handling/Onboard Processing, Thermal, Mechanisms, TT&C, Payload, Flight Dynamics and Orbit Mechanics a plus.
• Advanced experience with simulation and modeling with GN&C development
• Ability to lead requirements allocation, design trades and performance assessments across all spacecraft subsystems.
• Reasoning Skills—Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, apply visual and spatial reasoning
• Able to write reports, correspondence, and operations procedures. Uses effective written, visual presentation, and oral strategies to communicate technical problems and concepts to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Preferred software skills may include: 6DOF Trajectory Design, Monte Carlo analysis, Phase controllers, PID controllers, IMU/S, GPS, Star Trackers, Optical navigation, Guidance techniques, Relative Navigation techniques, C++ Programing, Trick, Chronos simulation, and integrated performance analysis, SolidWorks, C&T, Thermal Desktop, AutoCAD, MATLAB
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis or race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.