Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic individuals who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
Summary: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas and will support Axiom Legal and Corporate Operations teams. The Corporate Law Attorney will focus on:
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for or medical or religious accommodation is necessary
• Supporting deal matters and activities
• Legal tasks related to fundraising and investors
• Employee and non-employee company equity matters
• Insurance portfolio management
• Resolutions, Consents, and Board Communications
• Corporate Secretary Support
• Bylaws and Organizational Documents
• Organizational Policies, Planning and Reporting
• Annual Strategic and Operating Plan Support
• Entity formation and related work
• Compliance program support
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the organization with minimal supervision
• Draft, negotiate, and review a variety of commercial supplier, service, and technology agreements in support of multiple business units.
• Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings.
• Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Represent the company in legal proceedings.
• Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
• Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
• Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
• Negotiate deals on behalf of the company
• Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Licensed to practice law from the State Bar Association.
· A minimum of 9 years of experience as a corporate lawyer.
· Bachelor's degree in an related field, preferably in either aerospace, mechanical engineering, or science is a plus.
· MBA a plus but not required
· Experience with large scale projects, infrastructure, and government contracts each preferred but not required
· This role has the capacity to accommodate a mid-career attorney with significant experience capable of taking on a portion of the content described via direct execution, or a more senior attorney with advanced experience capable of both taking on the majority of the tasks described and managing direct reports n support of the work
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· Highly analytical with a strong attention to detail.
· Outstanding managerial and negotiation skills.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents including contracts, terms and conditions, legal decisions, and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of contracts and agreements and focus on details under time constraints. Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety as well as for the planning and execution of projects.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; and designs workflows and procedures.
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; and selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; and shares expertise with others.
· Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; and works actively to resolve conflicts.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through volunteered efforts; follows organizational guidelines for affirmative action, diversity, and expected workplace behaviors; and manages competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis or race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.